Slider

Manhattan Life

Friday, February 8, 2013


Manhattan Life
I'm feeling good tonight
I'm feeling right

First time in this town 
of Manhattan
they call it the little Apple
and tonight I'll know why

It's a collage town to me
but for others just a party
I'm goin' out tonight to see
this small town life

I'm gonna hop from bar to bar
down the line on Morro
What a sight to see,
girls in boots and dresses
and guys in hats with jeans hangin' low

I'm feeling good tonight
I'm feeling right

I feel all wrong in my city clothes
but not to worry no one will know
'Cuz when the lights go down
and the DJ blasts his sound
We'll forget about the world around
Just livin' this simple life

I'm feeling good tonight 
I'm feeling right

I like to think I've been around
But I've never known drunk until this town
They know their beer and how to hold it well
On the corner of 14th and Aggieville

It's last call from behind the bar
but we're all still chuggin' and goin' strong
And then they end the night
with a simple country song

The crowd breaks out in drunkin' slurs
and sings the words to Carrie Underwood

We're feelin' good tonight
we're feelin' right
Let's raise our cups to this small town,
Manhattan life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan