Slider

Ron's Birthday

Friday, October 24, 2014

October is the month of birthdays for my family. The good part about the month is that it's jammed packed with dinners and cakes; the bad part, I'm always broke. The more birthdays there are the more presents I buy, the more presents I buy the less money I have.

Needless to say, I love my family and I don't really mind buying them things  they want. Well, I was talking with my future spouse the other day trying to figure out what to get my dad. I initiated the conversation, "maybe I'll get him a steamer"--his iron can't seem to handle wrinkles--and of course my fiance, man of wisdom (haha), "Nooo, you're suppose to get something the person wants not what they need"..but if that's the case then everyone would go around with cool nicknacks and gizmos, but we would all lack essential household items and neccessities. After further discussion, we settled on a Royals post-season shirt.

I went home yesterday (the day before my dad's birthday) only to find him reclined in his chair wearing, I kid you not, a Royals shirt. Never in his life has he owned a Royals shirt! Now that they made it to the world series I thought, "man, that would be a nice gift". I stared at him and said, "that's a nice shirt, when did you get that?"

"Today", he replied. I mean, the man went on for what felt like an hour describing the ins and outs of this shirt; the color, the material, the logo. At that point I figured I'd take his present back and buy him a Mizzou shirt, that's my go-to present. Whenever I can't figure out what to get him I end buying him something sporting the Missouri Tigers. I pretty much buy it for birthdays, Christmas, Anniversaries, Honika, any holiday really. He could probably open up shop with the amount of MU apparel he's got.

But ofcourse, "hey, let me show you what your sister bought me." He pulled out a black nikefit and holds it up. "There it is", I say expressionless. "MIZZOU."

"What would you like for your birthday tomorrow, Dad", here it comes. You could tell he'd been thinking of this one for a while, "You know, (pause) I'd really enjoy some apple pie, but (pause) it can't be just any apple pie it's gotta be one of those himalayan pies with the candied apples".....I'm just kidding, but he might as well have said that. What he did request is "a french crust apple pie." So, I'd been searching the internet for about two hours and I've come two conclusions, either there is no such thing, or, it has to be one of the rarest forms of pie since google hasn't even heard of it. There is a french apple crumble pie, but no french crust! As a last resort I decided to go with a blue ribbon company... Tippins! you know what they say, "People be trippin for Tippins!"

Check out their site:
http://tippinspies.com/HOME.aspx

This birthday didn't quite go the way I'd planned, but wish me luck next year!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan