Slider

The Metaphorical Mountain

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My legs tensed up as I tried to maneuver around the jagged rock, fearing that one wrong step could be my last. It was a 300ft drop, but I wouldn’t back down. I had already come so far. Turning away now would be a travesty. I needed to reach the top for my own sake. I needed to know I could climb this mountain and overcome it. I was determined this wasn’t going to be my death, but instead liberate me. Driven by dignity, I tightened my grip on the edge and moved forward with caution. My hands and feet would lead me to my redemption, I was sure. As my heart screamed through my chest my speed remained steady.
With relentless motivation I could finally see the light at the top was near. Reaching for breathe I knew that this was it. I value every moment leading up to that final reach where my hands touched the frozen flat surface and disbelief flooded my face.  Struggling for strength, I mustered every ounce I had left and pulled my lifeless body up the side of the wall. A knee touched and I was in the clearing. Slowly, one foot after the other I stood tall. It was a triumph! All of a sudden, an adrenaline rush filled me and every wonderful feeling hit all at once. As I sprightly danced around, my chains diminished. I had felt a prisoner to that mountain all this time and now I was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan