Slider

The List

Friday, September 27, 2013

I decided to make a list of all the big dreams I've had whether just passing in thought or persistently on my mind. Some of these I know will never be achieved but excepting it is part of the process and the reason why I wanted to make this visible to me. 

  1. Own a mansion
  2. Own a Film Studio
  3. Become a Screen Writer
  4. Own a Country Dinner in KC
  5. Create a Greeting Card Company
  6. Tour the world
  7. Take my boyfriend to US major cities and Europe
  8. Take my parents to Europe for their Anniversary
  9. Win the Lottery
  10. Give money to my grandparents for medical needs
  11. Get my family in shape
  12. Run a Marathon
  13. Qualify for the Boston Marathon
  14. Become an Actress
  15. Become a Singer
  16. Own a Record Company
  17. Create a demo
  18. Publish a novel
  19. Write a book of poetry
  20. Donate money to orphanages 
Most of these dreams are arbitrary, greedy, and just about making a buck, and to that I say, "that's America for ya". However, as an individual with Christian instilled beliefs I hope to be less selfish and show more interest in changing the world than striving for a richer life myself. All aside, I notice a very distinct pattern above, there are two types of dreams, those organically grown and those constructed from society. Interpreting these thoughts from a Freud standpoint would most likely mean these dreams are working different parts of the mind. The ambitions to better lives derive from my natural state or instinctive behavior (the Id) whereas those revolving around wealth and fame originate from society's standards (the Superego). If you were to make your own list of dreams maybe you too would find this pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan